Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vacation and Holiday Food Regrets: Do they count?

I'm back!  I haven't posted on Food Regrets in a few weeks.  Bad for the sake of the blog but good for me!  Despite not having any specific food regrets to post I still wanted to give a general update.  Now I haven't been perfect by any means but I've noticed that I don't over do it as much now that I'm holding myself even more accountable. 

Over the past few weeks I've struggled in the evenings so there has been the unnecessary bowl of cereal, extra mini ice cream sandwich and so forth, but nothing extreme.  (Notice I said "mini" ice cream sandwich.  Yes, they make ice cream sandwiches in smaller sizes so if you need a dessert fix you don't have to feel so guilty.  Eating more than one defeats the purpose though.)  Weekends are the biggest challenge.  I do pretty well during the work week sticking to my points or going over a little, but the weekend is when I am more likely to go out to eat or have more of a who cares, just enjoy it attitude when it comes to food.  I think weekends are my biggest hurdle to losing the last five pounds.  Grrr, those last five pounds!

I went on vacation to an all-inclusive resort a few weeks ago.  I thought for sure there would be food regrets there but believe it or not I didn't have any except when I had two links of sausage rather than one for breakfast.  Okay, okay, it also helped that I didn't really like any of the food there and I'm not a big drinker.  Also, I did more walking than usual so I felt good.  I returned to work from vacation just in time for our Halloween party.  Now this is when I let go, said screw it, I ate fine over vacation, it's a holiday so I will eat that dip if I want to.  With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up this leads me to ask, do holiday and vacation food regrets count?

3 comments:

  1. Holiday food regrets do NOT count. Unless it is something that's bad for you and doesn't even taste that good. That's what makes me feel bad because I think "ugh, I wasted all those calories and it wasn't even that great."

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, an I want to know more about those mini ice cream sandwiches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madelyn- That is one reason why I am not a big drinker. I'd rather eat my calories than drink them. No drink is better than eating a good piece of food in my opinion.

    The mini ice cream bars are HEB's Hill Country Fair. In Weight Watchers world they are worth 2 points...3.5 points for two :)

    ReplyDelete