Wednesday, January 13, 2010

100 Calorie Bag of Cookies + Bad Mood = Food Regret

I'm trying to pay attention to what triggers my overeating which seems to be worse now since Christmas.  Tonight it seemed to be based around my mood.  I was in a very bad mood late this afternoon and early this evening.  I had a headache thanks to carpet glue fumes in my office not to mention  attempting to work while our entire office is being renovated.  This is a headache in itself- packing up one day just to unpack a few days later. Nothing makes me grumpy like a headache that refuses to go away. So my mood just got worse after forgetting something at work and having to turn back around and grocery shopping while it was raining.  After dinner I had one bag of 100 calorie chocolate chip cookies but still wanted another bag along with a cup of tea.  I don't physically feel all that terrible from it but the guilt is what weights me down.  It gets tiring battling with myself.

3 comments:

  1. 200 calories? Please. How can that count as a food regret? : )

    and p.s., they should let you LEAVE when there are carpet fumes. I don't want you getting cancer or something from that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have to say that if a 200 calorie snack pack is a food regret, then the ROLL OF COOKIE DOUGH I ate a couple weeks ago is probably a mortal sin...

    Did I really just admit that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls. 200 calories isn't that bad but in terms of Weight Watchers points it adds up quickly. For example, I get 18 points a day (plus bonus points if I need them and usually I do) and just one bag is worth 2 points. But don't worry, I made up for it last night with a nice sized cupcake.

    ReplyDelete