Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Heart Cereal


Good cereal is good for you...but only if you have one bowl.  My current favorite cereal is Kashi Wild Blueberry Clusters.  That stuff is amazing.  As much as I love coffee and cereal, I sometimes get excited about breakfast the night before, no joke.  This sometimes leads to a bowl of cereal for "dessert."  Well last night I had a very small dinner and had just bought a new box of cereal.  I hadn't had it in about a week.  I decided to have a small bowl.  That bowl turned into a second small bowl which then shamefully turned into a third leaving me with a feeling of regret.  In the future I will not let myself get carried away and allow myself only ONE bowl!

3 comments:

  1. love the new blog.

    I love cereal, too. Recently, though, I've been trying to make myself eat protein rather than carbs for bfast. I think it helps. Something to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed that protein helps. What have you been eating? For me it's time. I'm not good at allowing much time to make breakfast. I try to choose cereal or english muffins high in fiber which helps hold me until lunch. The double fiber english muffins rock. The only protein I ever get on work days in the morning is peanut butter. I tried making mini frittatas that I could just heat up in the morning but they turned out pretty flavorless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is what I have lately (part of my post-partum weight loss plan): a little glass of skim milk, a piece of fruit like a banana usually, plus 2 chicken sausage links. I think the brand is Applegate Farms - I get them at Whole Foods. Only takes like 1.5 minutes in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete