Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Skip the Biscuit


Choosing to eat KFC is a commitment.  You have to be committed to your fingers smelling like KFC for the rest of the day and to your stomach being mad at you.  I eat KFC maybe two or three times a year.  This KFC trip happened after hearing about their grilled chicken and I wanted to try it.  I got the two piece grilled chicken plate with a drumstick and thigh, a biscuit, green beans, and my favorite KFC item, mashed potatoes and gravy.  The chicken was good and didn't leave me feeling as gross.  I ate up the mashed potatoes and gravy while eyeing that biscuit telling myself, "Don't do it.  Don't do it."  But I did it...with regret of course.

Now typically I'd look up the WeightWatcher point values before getting the meal, but not this time.  I was pleasantly surprised by the values for the chicken and even the mashed potatoes.  Now the biscuit on the other hand, not worth it!  I was already regretting eating that biscuit and having the taste of grease left in my mouth, but seeing that it's worth four points pained me even more.  I promised myself that if I make any more KFC trips this year that I'll skip the biscuit.

2 comments:

  1. oh thank God...I thought that sentence "two or three times a" was going to end in "week" rather than "year". Shwew! I was worried about ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good lord no. Unfortunately KFC is right by work, otherwise it would probably more like 0 times a year.

    ReplyDelete