Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weekend Regret


One of my favorite junk foods is pizza.  It's very hard for me to see hot pizza sitting there and not eat it which is why I usually eat too much.  It just tastes too good while it's still hot and fresh!  We all know that pizza isn't exactly part of the suggested Weight Watchers plan, but this Saturday night was a football watching night and pizza goes well with football watching.  I think my biggest downfall that evening (besides having pizza for dinner) was that I was way too hungry by the time we ate dinner, causing me to shove down two pieces quicker than I normally eat and then didn't give my body time to get full before moving on to the third.  Before I even finished the third I was beyond stuffed and regret over that third piece set in.  And this time I got angry with myself.  It's tough being frustrated with yourself.  I'm hoping that my regret from Saturday will be a lesson for me the next time I'm faced with pizza.  I will say though that the past month I have found a way to deal with pizza cravings.  I've actually made mini pizzas using english muffins, low-fat cheese, and pizza sauce.  Very child like I know, but so much better for me than a real pizza!

4 comments:

  1. this blog is such a brilliant idea! i should totally do this for myself. I tried weight watchers online for about a year and lost about 10 pounds, but have totally fallen off the wagon. This week's food regrets for me (just so you don't feel alone here!): not one but TWO bagels with cream cheese in one day, huge mexican food dinner, and 3/4 of a pint of blue bell cookies and cream ice cream for lunch one day. Maybe I should bust out that Jillian Michael's dvd again (yes, i too own it). good luck to you! it's a daily struggle, especially in texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. smorgan: Thanks for your comment! Good to know that I am not alone. Texas does make healthy eating hard! You should try a blog for yourself. It helps me hold myself accountable better knowing that I'm going to have to make my food regret public! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. even healthier than the english muffin version: portabello mushroom cap version. cut off stem, rinse. place on cookie sheet under broiler for 2 minutes. flip over and cook for 2 more. then top with a little sauce (jarred spaghet. sauce works - easy peasy), some shredded cheese, and anything else you want. put back under broiler for 2-3 more minutes. yummo.
    Now, if I could just start eating this version as the MAIN dish, rather than as the side dish to our homemade (regular) pizza, then I might lose some weight. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kate! That sounds delicious and a bit more sophisticated than the English muffin version!

    ReplyDelete